You can’t say you have visited Hakodate without tasting their fresh mouth watering seafood! However, seafood could be quite pricey, and it could be too much for the wallet if you want to try the different types of seafood all at once. Well, the restaurant I’m about to introduce you will be one you should not miss! Because it will allow you to enjoy various type of fresh seafood, at one low fixed price!
The restaurant’s name is called Gossipu (五聚富), and it is inside the famous Hakodate Morning Market! It’s about a 5 mins walk from the Hakodate train station, also with plenty of car parking spaces, so it doesn’t matter whether you are travelling on public transport or your own rental car, this place is super convenient. No excuse not to come!
The interior of the restaurant is very simple, the hand written menu, with the Japanese style pin-up posters, is quite a photo worthy place!
The restaurant offers both all you can eat (buffet) and a-la-cart menu, depending on the size of your group, the a-la-cart option may work out to be cheaper! I’m going to explain how it works and why…
Normal Buffet ￥2,800~/person (90 minutes)
– the price will be slightly different everyday due to the cost of seafood, the day I went is at ￥3,000/person
– includes unlimited snow crab, scallop, oyster, white shellfish and prawn
– the grill is not very big, so you can only fit about 4-5 seafood at once
– it takes about 10-15 minutes to cook each round
– this option is great if you are a party of 2
A-La-Cart (unlimited time)
– robata combo set ￥1,600 includes one each of snow crab, oyster, scallop, tsubu shell, white shellfish, prawn
– steam seafood set ￥3,200 includes 4 oyster, 4 scallops, and 2 each of white shellfish, prawns, and other shellfish (it comes all in one tin, so very easy to cook)
– this option works out better if you are a big group
– you can choose your own seafood
There are also other food items, which you can order separately. The chicken wings, Hokkaido potato with butter and grilled yam are highly recommended. They also have a wide extension of Japanese sake and other drinks, a great place to chill and enjoy with your friends and families!
If you are ever in the neighbourhood, be sure to check it out!
Address: 11-16 Wakamatsuchō, 若松町 Hakodate-shi, Hokkaidō 040-0063日本
Phone: +81 138-76-8762
Opening Time: 0600 – 2200
One thought on “Super Delicious Seafood BBQ (Robatayaki) Buffet at the Hakodate Morning Market”
Great post! Very detailed!